It’s been quite a while since the De Molen website went live, and it was high time for a contemporary update, not least of the sites mobile capabilities. The site is designed in Mobirise, and excepting a few teething problems, I have found it to be a great and reliable tool (just don’t forget to make safety backups of your sites/work every once in a while – sound advice generally I guess).
I have stuck to the formula of keeping the De Molen site unfussy, simple and informative. The addition of a request form in place of the previous email link, has worked particularly well, and i hope the website will generate more visitors to this spectacular corner of the world.
Check it out here: demolenfarm.co.za
Together with two friends I have spend the last year perfecting home brewing – it’s been a road filled with lots of tasty brews (and a few set-backs). Though this is a fun hobby project, I have played around with developing a visual style for our micro-micro-brewery. This is still a work in progress, but I have attached some early sketches and thoughts below.
PS. The 3 Ganders name comes from the alley we brew next too and the number of budding brewers involved.
Creating a basic round logo for an Instagram account promoting flea market finds in Denmark. I wanted to stay with a slightly vintage feel to stay true to the accounts theme, though still making it look fairly modern.
As a gift for my 7 year old nephew I designed a space themed poster to hang on his wall.
I love the slightly vintage feel of the cardboard cut-out effect.
For a leading NGO, I designed a series of posters to metaphorically reflect different situations the organisation has to navigate in. The two below represent calm sailing and rough seas. The posters were printed in A0 format, and displayed at a global meeting, where the facilitator used them as discussion points during the conference.
For a global environmental organisation, I was commissioned to assist with a number of graphic elements for a presentation and a series of electronic documents. Together the documents comprised a model, that could be amended to suit local needs.
In order to illustrate this, I designed a ‘model kit’ comprised of icons, that each represented different elements of the model. Each document had the icon as a clear visual marker back to the model.
The final part of the assignment was formatting and aligning the various documents to present a uniform appearance of the entire model.
In co-operation with a graphic designer, created and distributed 33.000 postcards containing vintage style baggage labels. The labels where die-cut, and could be attached to bags using an elastic band or a piece of string.
The imagery and feel of the hand-outs were re-used in a number of Facebook ads targeting specific groups with an interest in travel.
The brief was to develop a simple new cover for the Danish Board of Technology whilst maintaining all the existing elements. In the illustration you can see the process from original through several iterations, and finally the submitted design proposal. I found it important to play with the meaning of ‘World Wide Views’ and combine this with the topic of climate and energy, while staying close to the original (somewhat generic) logo for the project.
For a while now I have been working on an illustration that reflects my love for the great city of Amsterdam. I have used this latest version as the cover for a short introduction letter to the many overseas friends and family who visit us often.
I was asked to do the lay-out for a competition poster for one of the student associations at Aalborg University Copenhagen. A fairly straight forward brief, but still fun to play around with the elements and colours.